... is the word - among other things - at this VERY useful tumblr post: Master Post for Mass Effect 4 newsPOTENTIAL SPOILER WARNING
: There is speculation that some spoilers for story were leaked the link above. She gives ample warning, however, before going into what said spoilers are. However, for the timid, I will repost the gist of the non-spoiler
stuff below. Note that in her actual post, she's linked to a lot of stuff for sources, but it would take forever to recreate them, so if you really want to read sources, click on the main post above.[Non spoilery ME4 news within]Here’s the masterpost of all Mass Effect 4 news and rumours we have so far! This post will be updated as we get more news and stuff. Remember to take every information that’s not been confirmed by Bioware with a grain of salt. Enjoy!
- Bioware started working on the next Mass Effect late 2012.
- October 2013, Bioware said “Mass Effect 4 may not relate to Shepard storyline or characters in any way.”
- December 2013, Aaryn Flynn said ME4 is “ambitious. beautiful. fresh but recognizable. and fun!"
- Bioware had a secret fan panel at PAX Prime. Here’s the post about it. Now here’s the interesting about this, a lot of the information given here actually matches with a lot of stuff Bioware revealed about ME4 recently. Definitely worth checking out.
Rumours from that post: Fans were asked what N7 means to them. Two new races shown, one very skinny, the other ‘golem-like’. Asari, salarian, krogan and human shown in Frostbite Engine. Like humans having different facial structure from each other, they want to do that with other races as well. Multiple land vehicles. Customisation. The focus is characters, story and exploration.
- Studio manager Yanick Roy said they were ”somewhere in the midde? :-)“ of development in April 2014.
- June 2014, at E3, Bioware teases Mass Effect 4 with a teaser trailer. Everyone’s already crying upon hearing the first notes of the Galaxy Map music anyway. Bioware talks about the important role of discovery in the game, the armour shown in the teaser has the N7 logo on it, also there is a krogan. And rocks.
- July 2014, ”stop calling the next Mass Effect 'Mass Effect 4’“. No, I say, calling this post Mass Effect 4 News Masterpost.
- August 2014, Casey Hudson left Bioware. Here’s a link of Bioware saying Casey Hudson left Bioware.
- Bioware had a panel at Comic Con 2014 titled 'Charting a Course: Developing the Next Mass Effect. Here’s the video of the panel.
Important stuff from there if you don’t wanna watch the whole thing:
- At the panel, Bioware showed the first picture of the ME4 protagonist, who is indeed human. (Probably no other playable races?) They also said that the hero has "something to do with N7”. And as they were talking about the design of the armour, they hinted at the armour being specifically designed for 'exploration’, including a 'glass helmet’ to look around easily.
- Senior artist Noel Lukasewich also mentioned that there will be armour customisation, including snap-on equipment and changing the colour of the lights… etc etc.
- Mako is back. Yay. It’s a fast, agile Mako this time. Different than what we’ve seen before. There is also no canon on it. It’s meant to be a quick 'get to point A to point B’ sort of vehicle. They showed some gameplay footage with it too. And Mako customisation is something that might be happening too.
- “We are building a game about exploring places.”
- “It’s not called Mass Effect 4, damn it!” Noel Lukasewich says and proceeds to not telling us what it is actually called.
- There will be “aliens and whatnot” in our team. Also new species as well. And there will be romance~*:･ﾟ✧
- They are working on some cool stuff for the casual outfit of the character, saying that it will be better than ME3 ones.
- Will characters from previous games make a cameo in ME4? “The theme is we wanna create new experiences for the player but we still want to be able to bring in elements of what you know and love about the previous trilogy. And that might include certain characters, it might not. Certain scenarios… Things like that.”, they said. So, we don’t know yet.
- Here are the dev team leads for Mass Effect 4. Lead writer is Chris Schlerf, who was also the lead writer of Halo 4.
- November 2014, N7 Day, Bioware makes a livestream on twitch with ME4 devs. And release new concept art for ME4. They confirm two new alien races, talk about how important exploration is and that they will be providing the best tools to the player to make that experience enjoyable.
- Bioware says that the main protagonist is someone 'becoming a hero’ and they are 'skilled and capable’ but they don’t have that 'legendary’ status Shepard has. In that same dev team lead post Mac Walters says “With Shepard, you arrived on the scene as a hero, and you were called forward from there. For the next Mass Effect, however, we’ve been looking at more of a hero’s journey: how you become a legend and what it takes to get there.”
- 'Industry insider’ Shinobi602 says that Mass Effect 4 will be at E3 2015, and release date will be 2016. Bioware didn’t say anything about a release date so far, but many sources are hinting at a reveal at E3 2015.
- Aaryn Flynn confirms on NeoGAF that Mass Effect 4 will be available to next gen consoles only, unlike DAI. So, PC, Xbox One and PS4 only, folks. Fun fact: There were rumours of ME4 being Xbox One exclusive. It’s a complete lie.
- From the same post, he mentioned that Mass Effect won’t be 'DA:I in space’ or use the same template.
- Mass Effect 4 is going to be massive in size, even bigger than DA:I. The game’s actual title is said to be finalized as well. Before the release of DA:I, there were 50 devs working on ME4. That number now quadrupled with the release of DA:I, many devs from the DA:I team joining ME4’s development.
- ME4 is probably going to have multiplayer. Or some sort of online thing like that. Considering the success of ME3 multiplayer and the fact that DAI also has one, it’s very likely.
- Chris Wynn pretty much confirms ME4 multiplayer on twitter. Also claims that single player will be MASSIVE and multiplayer won’t take away from that experience.
- Mass Effect 4 to feature emotionally believeable characters and photorealistic graphics. In their job listing Bioware said they were looking for a Senior Cinematic Animator who can create emotionally gripping cinematics and make either ’photorealistic’ or ’stylized’ looking characters interact in a realistic and believable fashion.
- Software Engineer Kevin Plitzko wrote on his (now private) LinkedIn profile that he is working on Mass Effect 4, and that the game will be released on October 2016. He also claims that a cinematic teaser will be shown at E3 2015.
- Chris Wynn teases Mass Effect 4 for E3, also Bioware dev Jonathan Warner pretty much says ME4 has a great story.
- Senior Producer at Bioware, Jonathan Warner says we don’t need to worry about previous saves from the trilogy itself and that the next ME will be a great place to jump into the series. Also Mike Gamble might share some new info soon.
- First behind the scenes look of a mo cap set of the next Mass Effect! Cinematic director Ken Thain posted a picture from the motion capture session going on in Vancouver. Exciting stuff.
- According to Chris Wynn, the amount of detail in the characters is insane.
E3 will be June 16—June 18. My guess is we'll get the first trailer, the title (FINALLY), and not much else beyond that. It'll probably be like the DAI Morrigan trailer that debuted at E3 two years ago, giving us a glimpse of plot, setting, and characters but few details.
Hello, all. I am fairly new to the ME 'verse, but I used to be an active member here on LJ and involved in several fandoms. Life got the best of me, and I found myself uninspired for the last several years, but after I finished ME3, I HAD to get some stuff out. This is my first oneshot in the fandom, but I figured I would share in the hopes that someone liked it.
Characters: Thane Krios, FemShep, (Shrios)
Summary: Thane receives an unexpected visitor during his daily meditations at Huerta Memorial Hospital.
Notes: Spoilers for ME3. I just HAD to get this scene out of my head after my play-through. Comments are welcome. I'm a total newb to the community so go easy on me :)Click here to read Meditation